Pchr8.net wiki thing
Hello! I'm exploring this wiki as a possibility for "social" bookmarking and/or Personal knowledge management. Things may break, disappear or explode at any time, as with anything on *.pchr8.net/*.
Currently this wiki contains 1,238 articles and categories (mostly links), edited 2,091 times. The last created pages are on Special:Newestpages.
Using contains basic things I'm likely to forget (Markup, Syntax, Style guide, taxonomy, ...).
Levels of interaction
(need a better name for it)
- Category:Now learning; PotentiallyInteresting for wider areas of knowledge than books or web pages, that I might check out in some far-away future
- Category:To read
- Category:To read - multi ("list of interesting links")
- Category:To read again ("I read it but definitely need to read it again")
- Category:Prayers ("Keep reading periodically; you shouldn't forget this")
For the pages in those categories, "rating" means "How much do I want/need to read this", "complexity" is "how hard I found it when looking through it"
Every time I do one of these, I should visit the pages for things I forget or should keep in mind
The core of this wiki. For now, this wiki will be divided into the following very broad intersecting areas (only most important categories shown):
- Infosec - Information Security
- Self-hosting - Self-hosting (~ https://www.reddit.com/r/selfhosted%7C/r/selfhosted)
- Resources - Sites which I might find continually useful, references
- People - Psychology, stories, history, ...
- Art - Design, Aesthetics, Literature as an art
- Language - Languages, uses of language, linguistics
- Category:Style - In all languages
- Productivity - which includes learning, knowledge organization, speedreading, time management, personal finance, etc.
- Travel - everything I find important about (low-budget) travel.
- Sport - sport, especially Category: Body weight training
- Meta - Things dedicated to 'this' wiki
- PotentiallyInteresting for areas of knowledge that may or may not be interesting, but which are wider than books or webpages that can be added in Category:To read or B:Meta List all books
- Taxonomy - meta-category about ways to organize things (List of examples, ...)
- To read - for when I'm bored.
- Bits and pieces - Small things not fitting anywhere else
- Not a link - pages which are not built around a single link. The actual "Knowledge management" part
- To watch for movies
- Ideas for creative stuff to do
We'll see how this goes.
Todo: system for quotes, probably using the exact same category system. I'll just add another category or namespace? To fix:
Automatically replace the "|"s' in the titles and names;also all the characters outlined in https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Page_title Here are the current scripts
- Selected text on a page should go in the newly created page, after "----", to signal to the transforming script that those are not the categories anymore, but just additional text. Or at least update the bookmark to support that additional text
- Fix it not always recognizing Wikipedia links as valid links
- Make it automatically work with "="s with it being used as a variable (See � https://www.pchr8.net/f/index.php/Using#Additionally)
- Also remove the ?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+collabfund+%28Collaborative+Fund%29 trash at the end of URLs automatically
4) Google Analytics
- Make it work with empty titles (using link instead of title, prolly; but what to do with special characters? Or just asking in a prompt)
Update to new version to sort the "'"s in title and infinite redirect bug out
- Some scripts to check for link rot and/or archive the pages?
- A script which generates "What should you read next", which uses a) rating, b) time added to the Wiki, the more old, the better; then it generates either a wiki page or, even better, RSS. Bonus points for buttons a la "I have read this"
- Quantified Self -- at what times do I usually add pages ? How long do I take to "read" them? What are the average complexities and ratings I give them, and how it depends on time of the day?
Far away: do an extension with an overlay, where you enter everything or accept defaults by pressing "Enter", then confirm (kinda like the adduser utility combined with sth a la Guake terminal) or edit, and it gets sent here automagically.
Some data mining could also be interesting. Creation of categories vs addition of pages/links, generally analyzing category sizes (keeping in mind that I'm the one semantically defining the categories, which means "there more pages in category X than in category Y" doesn't work; also the more interesting an area is, in more categories I'm likely to divide it), time of addition => time when I'm most likely to procrastinate, etc etc etc