- Formalize my Sprint reviews.
- Three works a week of PI – how do I actually keep track of this? I need an infrastructure.
- Remember that Eisenhower Matrix is a thing and that it used to help me quite a lot before.
- I should formalize all the checklists I created for myself and use them.
- Look into Energy Management vs Time management
- How to design APIs is a nice description of things to keep in mind.
- documenting apis, also this
- examples of well-desgined REST APIs on HN.
- Daily links from the recurse.com community
- Archivebox is a way to archive webpages you care about in a future-proof way. I really should get all the links from my Link wiki via a script and just download everything. Yay for Data hoarding!
Technical writing errors
3 shell scripts to improve your writing, or “My Ph.D. advisor rewrote himself in bash.” is an excellent description of typical errors in technical writing. One of the pages I see that make me want to archive everything linked here and on the Link Wiki just in case it disappears. Also,
In that sense, peer reviewers are the guardians of the scientific community’s most limited resource: our collective attention span.
Firefox Vimium switch to tab N
Added the following to the Vimium settings, now I can switch to tab N by pressing the respective number on the keyboard:Read more...
LSD and installing fonts in st and urxvtRead more...
Bash dtb create.sh script
Updated the script to create a markdown dtb file to the following:Read more...
After another small pause, here comes another längliches post!Read more...
feature_importances = pd.DataFrame(rf.feature_importances_, index = X_train.columns, columns=['importance']).sort_values('importance', ascending=False)
df.shuffle(frac=1) uses the shuffle function for this.
Subfigures / subfloats, pictures side by sideRead more...
Can I use some of the insights/methods/ideas from stylometry for this? (After reading this article about Beowulf.Read more...
Get things out of your head and into a system that you fully trust. Everything you do should have positive value – it’s either improving you (I put self care and genuine leisure time in here, but not time wasting), improving a relationship, making money, or making one of those other things more efficient. Do high energy and high focus things when you actually have energy and focus; do mindless things when you feel mindless. Do not skimp on self-care, which includes genuine leisure time, good healthy food, exercise, good personal relationships, and adequate sleep. Aim for the “flow state” in everything you do, because you’ll never be better than when you’re so engaged that you lose track of time and place and just get lost in the moment. (How I get things done)
The Internet is wonderful
Exiting a dead SSH session
SSH can handle commands.
From the blog post above:
SSH parses commands sent after a newline and
~. is the one to exit.
SSH config files
Host host1 HostName ssh.example.com User myuser IdentityFile ~/.ssh/id_rsa
allows to just do