- “something” was more effective than “anything” – 90%. “Anything” and using no word was 53%.
- “any” sounds “closing”.
- “speak” is better than “talk”
- How to control cell width in pandoc/markdown table? - Stack Overflow TL;dr number of dashes.
- How can I install asciiquarium as a screensaver? - Unix & Linux Stack Exchange
- alock looks very interesting, TODO look into it.
- bash - How to delete files older than X hours - Stack Overflow
find $LOCATION -name $REQUIRED_FILES -type f -mtime +1 -deletefor files older than one day
find $LOCATION -name $REQUIRED_FILES -type f -mmin +360 -deletefor the same in minutes
- executable - run program in Python shell - Stack Overflow
>>> exec(open("C:\\test.py").read())for Python 3, and
>>> execfile('C:\\test.py')for Python 2. Works with relative path.
- ssh - Scroll inside Screen, or Pause Output - Unix & Linux Stack Exchange
<C-a>+Esc– and then you can move with whatever usual ways there are, esp. arrow keys and Page up/down
Work/play balance in i3 statusbar
Every productivity thought I’ve ever had, as concisely as possible - Alexey Guzey has been extremely inspiring. I added “work/play” to my statusbar, just for fun, with the following code to the statusbar wrapper script:Read more...
Bash kill running shell scriptRead more...
Markdown tables widths
Pandoc is freaking awesome.Read more...
scikit-learn vectorizer passing tokens
Asciiquarium as screensaver with alock
Pandas remove duplicates efficiently (using only a subset of columns)
Delete files older than X days/hours via linux
Python – how to run a Python script inside live shell
cal calendar alias
cal -m -w, which gives me Monday as starting date and shows the week numbers.
Recording audio from speakers
This answer: sound - How to record output to speakers? - Ask Ubuntu mentions “Sound recorder”, and it works very well. Has weird settings about staying on top, running on startup etc that have to be changed.
Increment variable in bash an math in general
How to increment a variable in bash? - Ask Ubuntu
var=$((var + 1)) is the most portable one.
Set up vim keybindings in bash/zsh/… via inputrc
set editing-mode vi set keymap vi-command
/etc/inputrc and restart terminal.
I can use
!2332-style stuff inside commands as I type them!
mycommand !23 if !23 is
test would run as
zip add to zipfile while ignoring directories
zip -j fileone filetwo ~/home/me/some/directory/file myzipfile.zip.
-j means “junk directory structure”
Qutebrowser focus tab N keybindings
Now number keys focus tabs, as I had on Firefox:Read more...
tf.squeeze to remove dimensions of 
If I had a tensor of dimension [1, 2, 3], tf.squeze() would turn it into [2, 3]. tf.squeeze | TensorFlow Core r1.14 | TensorFlow.Read more...