“I’ve come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies: 1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works. 2. Anything that’s invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it. 3. Anything invented after you’re thirty-five is against the natural order of things.” — Douglas Adams
“Be here now”
Aaaand from this Reddit thread:
- “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.” From Milton’s ‘Paradise Lost’
- “Don’t kill the person inside you who wants to be alive.” Every time I feel down and/or have suicidal thoughts, I think about the part of me who went through so much shit to get to this place. I don’t want to throw away the effort of that person.
- Now I try and loosen up…moods come and moods go…I respect my feelings and those of others.
- “My cat wouldn’t understand where i went.”
- “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” - Winston Churchill
- – My meds keep me goin, fuck a quote. – Yeah I was about to quote: “300mg buproprion” -Dr. Baker Fuckin inspirational!
- “Bend, but don’t break.”
- ” Fireflies love the dark too.”
- “Only after disaster can we be resurrected. It’s only after you’ve lost everything that you’re free to do anything. Nothing is static, everything is evolving, everything is falling apart.”
- None of these keeps me going. For me it’s curiosity and nothing else.
- I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy because they know what it’s like to feel absolutely worthless and they don’t want anyone else to feel like that. - Robin Williams
- “Death doesn’t stop depression, it just spreads it to somebody else.”
- “A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor” Franklin D. Roosevelt
- ‘Get busy living or get busy dying’. From The Shawshank Redemption.